Steroids are chemicals, commonly known as hormones that our body makes naturally. "Steroids" can also called as man-made version of chemicals / medicines, often its use for treatment such as reducing
inflammation and use by athletes to improve strength. There are two main types of steroids as corticosteroids and anabolic-androgenic steroids (anabolic).
Corticosteroids, such as cortisone, help in controlling inflammation, like asthma and lupus. It’s different from anabolic steroids.
Anabolic steroids are kind of performance improving chemical or medicine. They imitate testosterone in the body to boost performance by producing muscle cells and recovering them faster or preventing them from breakdown.
Different types of Anabolic Steroids
- Testosterone (Depo-Testosterone – Injectable): It is commonly used to offset low testosterone levels in older men, but also widely use by other to increase testosterone levels.
- Nandrolone (Deca-Durabolin / Durabolin – Injectable): It help in reducing muscle wasting
- Oxandrolone (Oxandrin – Oral): it is also called as Anavar, it is similar to nandrolone help preserving muscle waste
- Boldenone (Equipoise- Injectable): it is known under the brand name of Equipoise and Parenabol and more popular steroids. It increase muscle mass without harming or impacting prostate or liver
- Winstrol (stanozolol – Oral): These steroids increase the organ growth Most Common Steroids Used by odybuilders
Most Common Steroids Used by Bodybuilders
Testosterone is the essential male sex hormone that regulates fertility, muscle mass, red blood cell production and fat distribution in body, hence play a vital role in overall health and well-being in men. It aids with the creating of protein. It’s fast acting in nature and a lack of acid in it.
Growth Hormone / Human Growth Hormone (Injectable)
Growth Hormone or GH is one of the most used and abused steroids. GH speeds up the protein creating nature of testosterone and lead to growth in the muscle tissues.
Dianabol (methandrostenolone – Oral)
It’s the first steroids developed and used. It brings lower levels of stress, increased appetite, a relaxed feeling, and good sleep. It can lead to increase in insulin levels and can also shut down the natural production of testosterone and probable lead to testicular atrophy. Precaution needs to be taken to control these side-effects to retain your body’s level of testosterone.
Trenbolone is one of the steroids which can increase their strength and power very quickly i.e. within a week or so. It can be approx. three times stronger than testosterone. It doesn’t cause water retention in the body and can give you a dry, grainy and ripped look. Intake of trenbolne can lead to sudden spike in in aggression, feeling angry, hurting someone are
emotions observe in person using trenbolone. Intake of trenbolone also affects your natural test levels and precaution need to be taken or it will lead to low sex-drive and affecting your manhood.
It is not a steroid but it supplement the anabolic growth of muscles. It helps in developing of muscle tissue from the amino acids flowing in the cells (It is similar to HGH). Insulin initiates biochemical reactions in the muscle that increase protein composite. It also reduce muscle breakdown and further increase muscle growth.
Steroid plans include:
- CYCLING: Taking the drugs for a period of time, stopping and then restarting
- STACKING: Using multiple types of steroids
- PYRAMIDING: Gradually increase the dosage, peaking and then gradually reducing the dosage
Anabolic steroids side effect
The use of anabolic steroids stop the release of luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone secretion from the pituitary gland, which leads to decrease in amount of testosterone and sperm production within the testes. In men, continuous exposure to anabolic steroids may results in infertility, a decreased sex drive, shrinking of the testes and breast development. Liver damage may result from its continuous attempts to detoxify the anabolic steroids. There are also a chances of behavioral changes like increase in irritability.